Happy World Earth Day 2019 Date,History,Quotes,Themes
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is celebrated annually on April 22 with events worldwide in support of the environment and to raise awareness for the environmental protection and care of our planet. The first Earth Day on April 22, 1970 is considered to be the birthday of the modern environmental protection movement.
On 22nd April 2009 the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution declaring 22nd April as the “International Mother Earth Day”. The resolution was adopted to reaffirm the agenda of sustainable development and also to acknowledge the role of earth as a mother, who sustains and nurtures all the species, including humans, animals and plants.The resolution was introduced by the unitary plurinational state of Bolivia and was supported by 50 other member states of the United Nations.
The term “Mother Earth” implies the interdependent relationship which exists between all the species of planet earth and to acknowledge earth’s role in sustaining them all.“International Mother Earth Day” is aimed at sharing responsibilities and setting agendas for a peaceful coexistence with nature.There is reason behind the title of this celebration as “Earth Day”. It was suggested by number of people in 1969 and the idea came with “birthday” as Earth day (rhyming word of birthday).
WORLD EARTH DAY 2019 DATE (INTERNATIONAL MOTHER EARTH DAY)
International Mother Earth Day 2019 will be observed on Monday, April 22nd 2019.:
- There is reason behind the title of this celebration as “Earth Day”. It was suggested by number of people in 1969 and the idea came with “birthday” as Earth day (rhyming word of birthday).
- World Earth Day 2019 theme is “Protect Our Species”. It will mainly focus on saving species which are on the verge of extinction due climate change, deforestation, pollution and illegal poaching.
- Earth Day Network, the organisation which spreads awareness on environmental issues across the globe will organize various events to raise awareness on the saving the endangered species of the world. It will urge people to say no to herbicides and pesticides and follow a plant based diet.
- Environmental activists will organize various processions and hold rallies on the occasion to spread the awareness about saving our planet and making it the best planet to live. Focus will also be made on fighting climate change, deforestation, pollution and protecting endangered species.
- NASA, the international space agency, will celebrate the World Earth Day by organizing a photo contest with hash tag #PictureEarth. The contestants have to take a picture of nature and post on social media with the same hash tag. The best pictures will be showcased on the NASA’s blog on 22nd April.
World Earth Day Information And History:
- Many countries have been celebrating “Earth Day” since 1970, decades before the introduction of “International Mother Earth Day”. The initiative to celebrate Earth Day was taken by Gaylord Nelson – the senator of California in 1969.
- An oil spill on the coast of California on January 28, 1969 which killed thousands of marine animals, invoked the then senator Gaylord Nelson to take action. He called in a forum to discuss the issue of environment and the human impacts on it; surprisingly his first tech in on 22nd April 1970 was attended by 20 Million people.
- Further In 1992, the UNCED (United Nations Conference on Environment and Development) was held in Rio de Jenerio, Brazil from 3rd to 14th June. In the conference 178 countries adopted the agenda of Rio Declaration on Environment and Development and principles for the sustainable management of forests.
- In 2005 the United Nations General Assembly declared 2008 as the “International Year of Planet Earth”. The day was adopted with a view to promote education of earth sciences, acknowledging its importance in sustainable use of natural resources as well as for sustainable development.
- Noting the fact that many countries have been celebrating Earth Day on 22nd April; Bolivia under its then President, Evo Morales Ayma, introduced a resolution to celebrate 22nd April as “International Mother Earth Day”. The resolution was backed by over 50 member states, and was adopted by the UN General Assembly on 22nd April 2009.
- The inaugural function of “International Mother Earth Day” was celebrated in 2010; since then it us being observed annually across the globe.
Why April 22 Is Celebrated As International Mother Earth Day?
- Our Earth is the only planet in the Universe where life is possible till date. It is very necessary to maintain the natural assets of the earth in order to continue the life on the earth. In the rush of the crowd, the most intelligent creature of the God called human is slowly losing its humanity and forgot to take care of the planet that gave it life and started using its resources very ruthlessly. The 22nd of April has been marked as an Earth Day to make the human race get aware about the importance of their planet.
- A USA senator from Wisconsin, Gaylord Nelson had founded the day to make the people aware about day to day increasing rate of the industrialization as well as the careless attitude of the people living on the earth. The step was taken by him to promote the idea of natural balance among people as well as encourage them for respecting the assets of the planet. It is very necessary to take care of the environmental issues to stay healthy and alive as cruel people have mercilessly utilized its resources and depleted its life supporting resources over the centuries.
- One of the big examples of it is the depletion of the Ozone layer which prevents us from the ultra violet rays of the sun. Another big problem of the environment is death of rivers by getting mixed with the industrial toxic materials which leads to the global warming. Increasing industrialization on daily basis leads to deforestation which ultimately leads to the rise in Earth temperature.
- These are the life ending dangers on the earth forever which can be lessens through the small steps such as new trees plantation, inhibiting the deforestation, limiting the vehicles use to reduce air pollution, enhancing the energy conservation through reducing the unnecessary use of electricity. Such small steps become a big step if taken care by the people worldwide together.
- Now a day, everything is being packed in the plastic bags or given in it by the shopkeepers. Plastic bags productions are increasing day by day which is very shameful condition for us as these materials are undegradable. The first celebration of the Earth Day was took place in the US on 22nd of April in 1970 to mark the environmental movement as a big matter of fact.
- Students group from the US College campuses had participated to protest for the environmental deterioration to increase the public awareness. Another group was protested for the oil spills, toxic dumps, air and water pollution due to industrialization, raw sewage, use and production of pesticides and many more. Since then, 22nd of April was continued to be celebrated as Earth Day officially.
How World Earth Day Is Celebrated
- People from all over the world celebrate earth day with great enthusiasm and interest on each 22nd of April since 1970 to save the natural assets of their earth. More than 20 million Americans took part in the event celebration and make the streets, parks and auditoriums busy in order to display their themes role based on the public health, environmental issues, industrialization, deforestation and so many.
- Students from thousands of colleges, universities and other educational institutions actively take part in the protest against increasing earth issues such as the day to day environment deterioration, air and water pollution, ozone layer deterioration, industrialization, deforestation and etc to prevent the oil spills, set up of polluting factories, power plants, use and production of pesticides and etc.
- Various steps have been taken by the governments of many countries towards the safety of earth by implementing the variety of legal rules. A group of environmental leaders organize various events and campaigns to celebrate the earth day. A big crowd of the people gets together from 141 countries to solve the environmental issues by implementing variety of useful measures.
- People take part in demonstrating the theme of clean environment in order to build a clean and healthy world to welcome new generations. The aim of celebrating the world earth day is to inspire the public for making better earth environment.
- At this day people perform outdoor activities related to the earth safety like new trees plantation planting trees, picking up roadside waste materials, recycling of wastes, energy conservation and so many. Some people request governments to take immediate action to prevent the day by day increasing global warming and other environmental destructions. At this day all the TV channels to show their programs to deal with the real environmental issues to get public aware.
- It has not been declared as the public holiday officially by the government. All the schools, colleges, universities and educational institutions are open at this day. April 22 Earth Day, founded by Senator Gaylord Nelson, was first organized in 1970 to promote ecology and respect for life on the planet as well as to encourage awareness of the growing problems of air, water and soil pollution.
People who participate in the event celebration, make an earth planet using green and blue colors to indicate the life of animals, plants and symbolize their natural recycling including the green house effect and global warming. At some places in the United States, people celebrate earth day by taking part in a parade getting dressed up in flowers, plants or bugs clothes to make aware that whole environment is our real home. There are many ways to celebrate the earth day:
- New trees plantation at required places.
- Do some outdoor activities with your family such as making the home for a bird on the tree and discuss their role in the ecosystem.
- Motivate people to reduce the use of plastic bags to avoid the soil and water pollution.
- Teach your children about the recycling and reuse of the old materials.
- Take part in picking up the wastes from streets, parks and other places.
- Take part in the amusement activities like singing a song related to the Earth safety to attract more people to the event celebration.
- Take part in the educational sessions like seminars, discussions and other competitive activities related to the safety of natural resources of the earth.
- Motivate people by wearing green, brown or blue clothes for displaying the environmental colors.
- Promote people for energy conservation by various practical means.
- Teach people that every day of their life is earth day, so they should take care of the earth on daily basis.
Significance Of World Earth Day Celebration:
- The founder of the Earth Day, Gaylord Nelson, has chosen this day (22nd of April) to increase the awareness among common public, especially among youngsters to get full effect of the campaign of environmental safety. He had selected this day by keeping things in mind that there would not be any disturbances of the exams for the students or any fairs and festival for the common public, so that everyone could pay their full attention towards this event celebration. According to the Gregorian calendar, it is considered that 22nd of April 1970 was the 100th birth anniversary of the Vladimir Lenin.
How To Celebrate International Mother Earth Day
“International Mother Earth Day” is celebrated to promote harmony between the planet and living beings and to acknowledge the role of earth in sustaining and supporting life. There are many activities that could be undertaken to celebrate “International Mother Earth Day” and show your concern towards mother earth. Some of the activities to be a part of the celebrations are given below-
- 1) Volunteer :Various governments and non government agencies organize events on “International Mother Earth Day”. Any such event needs volunteers to work and support the campaign. You can also volunteer in such an event and contribute your bit towards saving Mother Earth.
- 2) Raise Awareness: As the threats to the planet are increasing, there is an urgent need to raise general awareness about environmental protection, habitat protection and minimizing the effects of climate change. There is also a need for everyone to acknowledge the role that earth and its environment play in sustaining life. It could only be done by raising awareness and letting people admire the planet and its various elements.
- 3) Organize School events: The future of the planet lies in the hands of the children of today. It is in the hands of our children that we will hand over the planet. Children should know the significance of the planet they live in and admire its resources and sustainability. They should be taught the meaning of “Mother Earth” and what it implies. Organize events in schools to make the children realize that Earth is like a mother who sustains, feeds and nurtures her children unconditionally; we just have to keep her safe in return.
- 4) Applaud: Honor those who have done something for the cause of environment, pollution or cleanliness etc. You can organize a small felicitation event in your community, to felicitate anyone for working on environmental issues. The work doesn’t need necessarily to be exceptional and anyone who has simply taken an initiative could also be applauded. Such appreciation will not only encourage the person making him more dedicated to the cause, but also inspire others to follow suit.
- 5) Stay Updated:Keep yourself updated of the events around the world as well as in your own city, village or community. To motivate others and also to make them aware of the significance of the day you need to be updated yourself. You could be a source of information for them; motivating and inspiring them to admire the planet earth as mother and also to pledge for her protection.
- 6) Plant Trees:Trees play a vital role in the environment. Trees are essential for climate regulation, causing rains, preventing floods etc. They are also essential for providing livelihood and sustaining life. Over all trees represent the health of our planet “Mother Earth”. Planting trees is like giving medicines to an ailing earth and is bound to make a positive effect. So, plant as many trees as you can to celebrate the day and show your concern towards mother earth.
- 7) Clean The Environment: Pollution is one of the most potent and immediate threats to the environment and consequently to the earth. The environment is getting damaged constantly by pollutions of various kinds – air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution etc. All the pollutions are due to human induced factors. On the event of “International Mother Earth Day”, take up to cleaning the road or a public place in or around your community. By taking up the cause of cleaning the environment on “International Mother Earth Day” you are contributing towards improving the overall health of mother health.
- 8) Collect Funds: Organizing events and campaigns might require funds for mobilization of various resources and also for other causes. If you wish, you could start in advance; collecting funds for the event. The fund collected could be used for planting trees or for other environmental issues.
- 9) Pledge :Pledge to protect the earth and its environment, also encourage your relatives and friends to take the pledge with you. Pledge to refrain from polluting the environment and also to stop others from doing so. This way you will acknowledge the role of earth as a mother, reaffirming her essentiality in providing sustenance and livelihood.
Themes Of International Mother Earth Day:
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2019 is – “Protect Our Species”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2018 was – “End Plastic Pollution”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2017 was – “Environmental and Climate Literacy”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2016 was – “Trees For the Earth”
- ‘International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2015 was – “It’s our turn to lead”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2014 was – “Green Cities”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2013 was – “The Face of Climate Change”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2012 was – “Mobilize the Earth”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” Theme 2011 was – “Clear The Air”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” theme 2010 was – “A Global Referendum on Climate Change”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” theme 2009 was “How Do You Get Around”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” theme 2008 was “Trees Please”.
- “International Mother Earth Day” theme 2007 was “Be kind to the earth – starting from saving resources”.
What You Need to Know About Trees and Why We Need to Protect Them
Facts about Trees
- There are an estimated 60,000 different species of trees.
- Trees date back nearly 350 million years, and the world’s oldest recorded tree — over 9,500 years-old — was discovered in Sweden.
- Trees are as varied and diverse from the fruit they grow, the colors of their leaves, and their shape and height. Bonsai trees can measure less than one foot high, while the redwood trees in California measure a height of over 300 feet.
- Globally, trees occupy approximately 30.6% of the Earth’s land area, down from 31.6% in 1990. From 2015 to 2016, the world lost 73.4 million acres of trees, a 51% increase from the year before.
- Human activity continues to be the single largest cause of deforestation, with commodity-driven deforestation totaling around 27%.
- For an in-depth and interactive look at changes in forests worldwide, check out this map to see the changes of forests in your community.
Why We Need to Protect Trees
- Role in the Ecosystem: Trees play a central role in the ecosystems of forests and other species. Forests play a vital role in storing and releasing carbon from the atmosphere and they help to regulate and maintain Earth’s carbon balance. Trees also help maintain nutrient-rich soil for other plants to grow, provide shelter and habitat for animals, and contribute significantly to the global water cycle.
- Ecosystem Services: One of the most significant services that trees provide is the sequestration of carbon, which helps keep the air clean and nearby temperatures at a healthy level. Additionally, trees have a powerful role in providing well-being in both urban and rural environments. Culturally, trees play a central role in religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. Trees are also symbols of hospitality in several African communities.
- Economic Contributions: Globally, the value of fuelwood and wood-based products is estimated to be worth $400 billion. In the state of New York alone, the forestry industry employs 41,000 people and has a direct output of more than $13 billion. Total carbon storage in U.S. urban trees is estimated at 643 million tons, a service valued at $50 billion.
- Uniqueness: European beech and Sycamore maple trees have been observed altering their specific chemical makeup in their buds and leaves to ward off animals consuming their sap or branches.The quaking aspen exists not as a single stand-alone tree, but rather as an interconnected group, united by a layer of underground roots.
Threats to Trees
- Deforestation: The removal of trees for commercial, agricultural, and residential purposes occurs all around the world. Rainforests are especially vulnerable. The Amazon rainforest in Brazil has lost 20% of its area since the 1970s, with some scientists estimating that all the world’s rainforests could be lost in the next century.
- Climate Change: Growing levels of carbon dioxide trapped in the Earth’s atmosphere threatens the ability of trees to convert the carbon into oxygen, thereby weakening their health. Rising temperatures from climate change can also harm a tree’s internal life cycle, including the ability to reproduce.
- Insects: One of the most pervasive threats to trees around the world is the prevalence of non-native insect species that can cause irreparable damage to trees. In the U.S., 63% of the country’s national forestry is threatened by invasive insects.
- Forest Fires: Decreased rainfall and increased temperatures are causing warmer and drier environments, making forests much more fire-prone. Forest fires are also becoming more intense and deadly, releasing more carbon into the atmosphere, and greatly reducing the ecosystem’s ability to recover.
Want To Wish Your Friends,Families,Office Collegue By INJNTU.Here We Provided Injntu wish.By Using Injntu.com/wish You can Wish To Your Friends,Families,Collegues :
You can Type Your Name And message of wish on a greeting photo.Link is generated on injntu.com/wish. you can share that link on what's app and facebook to your friends,collegues,families.
Below Is The Procedure How To Send Greetings:
After That Click On Generate URL(Here Click On This Link To See Sample Greeting: Click Here).
You Can Also Share Link on What's App,Facebook.
Want To Make Wishing By Injntu.com
Or To Wish Normally Check Below
How to Download Wall papers:
- 1.click on Download Below image.
- 2.You will go to injntu Download Page.
- 3.Click Download File Option in injntu Download Page.
- 4.After clicking Download File image will Appear
- 5.For mobile User Touch on image Download Option will Appear
- 6.For Destrop Users Click Right-click on the image.
Don’t Forget To Share This Happy World Earth Day 2019 Dates,History,Quotes Info. Among All Your Friends & Colleagues. Make Them Check Their Happy World Earth Day 2019 Dates,History,Quotes. Also Share This Info On Your Social Media Pages.
Feel Free To Get In Touch With Us Regarding Anything. We Will Revert Back To You As Soon As Possible.
For More Quick Updates Join Our New Telegram Groups:
For More Details, Visit Our
Websites : In JNTU
Android APP : InJntu
Install Our Android App To Get All JNTU Notifications About Updates & Results Directly On Your Mobile Phone