NEET UG 2018
For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
NEET UG 2018 would be conducted by CBSE on Sunday, May 6, 2018. The online application forms are now available on the official website cbseneet.nic.in. Please note, the eligibility criteria have been revised. Also, Urdu has been added as a medium of instruction. Candidates are advised to go through the detailed information bulletin before filling the form. The clauses and rules have been also explained and summarized for better understanding.
Adhaar Requirement For NEET UG 2018
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, CBSE will conduct National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-UG, 2017 for the admission in MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
It has been decided that candidates, who are Indian Citizens and ordinary residents of India, will register in NEET-2017 using Aadhaar. In this regard, following is communicated to all concerned:
1. The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of NEET- 2017 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identity of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
2. The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
3. Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of NEET- 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
3.1 Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for NEET-2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
3.2 Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
3.3 In order to facilitate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. The list of the facilitation centre is available on www.cbseneet.nic.in. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017.
3.4 In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017
4. A Circular to all CBSE affiliated schools is being issued for the awareness of applicants regarding the requirement of Aadhaar to apply for NEET-2017.
5. The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
6. The applicants belonging to the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Mandatory Aadhaar Card Rules as applicable for filling NEET 2018 online application form explained
- For all Indian Nationals of all states, Aadhaar number is mandatory. In case a student does not have the aadhaar card yet, Aadhaar enrollment number or EID or registration number issued by Facilitation centre would also be applicable. Only Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir states are exempt from mandatory aadhaar.
- The rule of aadhaar card to Indian Nationals does not include the students belonging to the state of Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu and Kashmir. While these students can also apply with Aadhaar number, here is a list of documents accepted for identification proof other than the Aadhaar number.
- Aadhaar Enrollment Number or EID
- Registration number issued by facilitation centre
- Ration Card number
- Bank Account number
- Passport number
- Number of any other identity card issued by the Government of India
- For Non-Resident Indians, NRIs, either the Aadhaar number or the passport number would be acceptable
- Foreign nationals, as well as candidates who hold the OCI or PIO cards, are required to provide their passport number
The students who do not have an Aadhaar card need not panic. In case they are mandated to use the Aadhaar card, they can still apply for the same and fill the form using the registration number received from the facilitation centre. Also, kindly note that no exemption, other than provided above would be considered. Candidates are hence requested to arrange for the identification document asked for.
Students have to follow the given process to obtain an Aadhaar Card.
- Visit to the Enrollment Centre to get enrolled for Aadhaar. (List is given on UIDAI site)
- The CBSE also has set up facilitation centers in each examination city for the purpose of Aadhaar Enrollment.
- Students have needed to approach such facilitation centers.
- No amount will be charged from any students for Aadhaar Enrollment.
- Students, those have enrolled for Aadhaar & did not received Aadhaar card will have to enter 28 digits Aadhaar Enrollment ID which is printed on the Aadhaar Enrollment Slip at the time of form filling.
- In case, Aadhaar Enrollment facility is not provided at the facilitation centers, students will be required to submit a request for Aadhaar Enrollment.
- The facilitation center will issue a registration number of such students.
- Students will be required to enter the registration number at the time of form filling.