APSET 2018 - NOTIFICATION, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, SYLLABUS, EXAM DATE
Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test or APSET is an eligibility test for applying for assistant professor position in Universities in Andhra Pradesh, India. The test is conducted based on subjects and only those who have post graduation in that particular field are eligible.The 2012 eligibility test is conducted by Osmania University when it last conducted in 1999.
For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
For Official Notification - Click Here
To Apply - Click Here
Andhra Pradesh State Government Vijayawada released a latest Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test AP TET notification 2018 for recruitment and promotions of Lecturers/Assistant Professors in Degree Colleges/Universities in AP as per the University Grants Commission Regulations.Vice-Chancellor of the varsity G. Nageswara Rao said that Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) for 2018 will be conducted by Andhra University on July 1. So eligible candidates can apply online for Andhra Pradesh State- State Eligibility Test AP SET Notification 2018 for Recruitment of various Lecturers in Colleges/Universities in Telangana. Eligible candidates can apply online from March 2018 to April 2018 on its official website apset.net.in/. AP SET written Exam will be conducted on 01st July 2018
APSET 2018 - Details
|Name of the Organization||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Date of Exam||July 2018|
APSET 2018 - Eligibility criteria
a. Only those candidates who have completed or are pursuing the final year of PG degree in related subjects are eligible to appear AP-SET. Others need not apply.
b. Candidates who have secured at least55% marks(without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for SET.The Backward Classes (BC) / Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Physically Challenged (PH/VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear the SET.
c. Candidates who have appeared (OR) will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examination and whose result is still awaited (or) candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of BC/SC/ST/PH/VH candidates). Such candidates must obtain their P.G degree mark sheet within one year from the date of SET with the required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
d. Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed on or before 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in the SET Examination.
e. Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post-Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of SET subjects, the candidate may appear in UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
f. The candidates who qualify in the test are eligible to apply for the post of Asst. Professors / Lecturers in various universities and degree colleges of higher education in Telangana. They will be given eligibility-certificate and the validity period of certificate is forever.
g. Candidates other than general category are required to mention of their social status (BC/SC/ST/VH) in the online application form. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the test. In case their ineligibility is detected by the Agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
h. Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents (PG qualification certificates, caste certificates and certificates related to PH/VH) as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the test. If in the event of the candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason, the award may be withdrawn by SET agency.
i. Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that the university has finally accepted
his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions.
j. The candidates will not be given any mark sheet from the SET office whether they have qualified or not qualified. No revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualified candidates only after careful verification of the concerned certificates of the candidate.
k. The same photograph of the candidate which is printed on the hall ticket will also be printed on the certificate to be issued by the Office of the AP-SET.
APSET 2018 - Age Limit
There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor.
APSET 2018 - Exam Centers
APSET 2018 test centres have been declared. The test centres along with codes for APSET 2018 exam are mentioned below:
|Centre Name||Centre Code|
APSET 2018 - Exam Pattern
|1st July, 2018 (SUNDAY)|
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 question||1 Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions||2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type questions. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I and Paper – II on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
- There is no negative marking.
APSET 2018 - Application Fee
The registration fee for the candidates of different categories is as follows.
- General Candidates: Rs. 1000/-
- BC candidates: Rs. 800/-
- SC/ST/PH Aspirants: Rs. 500/-
Candidates have to pay the application fee through online using credit/debit card/net banking.
APSET 2018 - Syllabus
APSET 2018 Syllabus is as prescribed by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET. The APSET Paper 1 Syllabus is general in nature which is used to access the teaching/research aptitude of the candidates. SET Paper 2 & Paper 3 Syllabus contains the objective type questions related to the selected subject. The AP SET 2018 syllabus pdf consists of the following topics.
- Reasoning Ability,
- Divergent thinking,
- General Awareness
- Research &Teaching Aptitude.
Candidates have to prepare all the topics to get a better score in the state eligibility test.
- Teaching: Nature, Objectives, Characteristics and necessary requirements
- Learner’s characteristics;
- Factors affecting teaching;
- Methods of teaching;
- Teaching aids;
- Evaluation systems.
- Research: Meaning, Characteristics, and types;
- Steps of research;
- Methods of research;
- Research Ethics;
- Paper, article, workshop, seminar, conference, and symposium;
- Thesis writing: its characteristics and format.
- A passage to be set with questions to answer.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers and effective classroom communication.
Reasoning (Including Mathematical):
- Number series; letter series; codes;
- Relationships; classification.
- Understanding the structure of arguments;
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning;
- Verbal analogies; word analogy-Applied analogy;
- Verbal classification;
- Reasoning Logical Diagrams: Simple diagrammatic relationship,
- Multi-diagrammatic relationship;
- Venn diagram; Analytical Reasoning.
- Sources, acquisition and interpretation of data;
- Quantitative and qualitative data;
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Information and Communication Technology(ICT):
- ICT: meaning, advantages, disadvantages, and uses;
- General abbreviations and terminology;
- Basics of internet and e-mailing.
People and Environment:
- People & environment interaction;
- Sources of pollution;
- Pollutants and their impact on human life, exploitation of natural and energy resources;
- Natural hazards and mitigation.
Higher Education System: Governance, Polity, and Administration:
- Structure of the Institutions for higher learning and research in India;
- Formal and distance education;
- Professional/technical and general education;
- Value education;
- Governance, policy, and administration;
- Concept, institutions and their interactions
APSET Syllabus 2018 for Paper II
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Applications
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Life Sciences
- Library & Information Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
- Social work
How To Apply For APSET 2018
- open the official site of AP SET @ http://apset.net.in/
- See the Recruitment Option
- Download that notification
- Clearly, refer all the details in it
- Submit the form
- Take the hard copy of the Submitted application.
APSET 2018 - Application Form
- APSET 2018 Application form Applicants may apply through the official portal of the organization that is apset.net.in
- Before applying candidates are advised to read the official notification carefully
- Search the link AP State Eligibility Test 2018 Online Application Form
- Fill the application form with all required details like name of the candidate, mobile number, date of birth, email id, etc in the prescribed format
- After completion of the form choose the payment option and pay the application fee
- Before submitting the form check all the details and click on the submit button.
APSET 2018 - Admit Card
Step to Download APSET Admit cards:
- Visit official website @ apset.net.in
- Search the admit card link on homepage & Open it.
- You will receive a request with boxes.
- Fill the asked details by correct data such as name, roll number & Date of
- Click on submit button.
- APSET Exam Admit Card will appear on the screen.
APSET 2018 - Exam Result
Download the APSET Merit List we are providing some simple steps you may follow it:
- Visit the official website.
- Click the results tab on the home page.
- Enter the required details on the login page.
- Press on “Submit” button.
APSET 2018 - Counselling
The counselling will be held only for the candidates who qualified the APSET 2018. A merit list will be prepared and call letter will be sent to them. Candidates who received the call letter only will be able to participate in the counselling procedure. APSET 2018 counselling process includes document verification and seat allotment. Candidates who are going to participate in the counselling procedure must carry the original certificates with at least two sets of photocopies.
APSET 2018 - Important Dates
|Official notification of AP SET 2018 will release on||18th March 2018|
|Online application process will begin from||26th March 2018|
|Last date for submission of online applications (without late fee)||2nd May 2018|
|Deadline for submission of online applications (with late fee) of Rs.1000||10th May 2018|
|Deadline for submission of online applications (with late fee) of Rs.2000||21st May 2018|
|Deadline for submission of online applications (with late fee) of Rs.5000 (Exam Centre At Vishakapatnam Only)||06th June 2018|
|Admit Card of APSET 2018 will available from||June Last Week 2018|
|Date of AP SET 2018 written examination||1st July 2018|
- With late fee of Rs. 1500/- + Registration Fee – 15th May 2018
- With late fee of Rs. 2000/- + Registration Fee – May 2018
- With late fee of Rs. 3000/- + Registration Fee (For Hyderabad center)