CAT 2017 Results
For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
The results of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 entrance examination have been declared. You can check the results on the official website iimcat.ac.in. The exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM). The CAT scores are used for admission to various management institutes across the country. Earlier the results were expected to be announced on January 5 but were postponed for unknown reasons. The exam, whose scorecard is used by a number of management institutes besides IIMs, was conducted on November 26, 2017 in over 140 test cities across the country. Merely qualifying CAT does not guarantee admission to IIMs as candidates who clear the percentile criterion set by each IIM will have to appear for a group discussion and personal interview.
CAT 2017 Result Dates
|CAT 2017 Exam||November 26, 2017|
|CAT Answer Key||Decemebr 7, 2017|
|CAT result||January 8, 2018 (Declared)|
|IIM shortlist||4th week of January 2018|
|Selection procedure||February-March, 2018|
|Final selection||April 2018|
How to check
1) Open the official website - https://iimcat.ac.in
2) On the homepage, you will see a link "Score card for CAT 2017", click on it
3) Enter your details such as roll no./enrollment no. to get your CAT result
4) Download and print your CAT score card for further reference
Details Available on CAT 2017 Result cum Score card
Click Here To Download CAT Results 2017
The CAT result cum scorecard will contain following information:
- Registration number / U-ID (User ID)
- Candidate's name
- Candidate's category
- Date of birth (DOB) and Gender
- Date and time of examination
- Candidate contact details and email id
- Scaled Score of Section 1 (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension)
- Percentile of Section 1 (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension)
- Scaled Score of Section 2 (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)
- Percentile of Section 2 (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning)
- Scaled Score of Section 3 (Quantitative Ability)
- Percentile of Section 3 (Quantitative Ability)
- Overall Scaled Score
- Overall Percentile
- Instructions for post CAT result 2017 activities
How is CAT Result 2017 Computed?
- According to the marking scheme of CAT, each question carries three marks.
- For every wrong answer, there is negative marking of one mark.
- However, negative marking scheme is not applicable for the non-MCQs.
CAT 2017 Percentile
The officials declare CAT 2017 result in form of percentile. A percentile is a measure used to indicate the value below which a given percentage of test takers fall. On the basis of CAT percentile, a candidate will be shortlisted for admissions in IIMs and other top B-schools. The CAT 2016 percentile is calculated on the basis of the CAT normalisation process adopted by the IIMs.
After CAT 2017 Result
CAT 2017 participating institutes will declare the shortlist of candidates on the basis of candidates’ percentile and their cutoff. CAT 2017 cutoff percentile will vary from institute to institute. While IIMs and some other top B-schools announce their admission criteria including cutoff prior to the result, a majority of the B-schools declare their cutoffs after the CAT result is declared.Shortlisted or qualified candidates will have to appear for the selection procedure followed at the institutes which include Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion/Group Exercise/Case Study and Personal Interview. The final result or the merit lists at the B-schools will be based on candidates’ performance in CAT 2017, selection rounds and overall profile.
Eligibility Verification Documents at IIM Shortlist Process
IIMs will also verify the eligibility criteria of the shortlisted candidates on the basis of the following parameters:
- Mark sheets and Degree Certificate: Institutes will check the candidates’ mark sheets and submit attested copies of same at the time of interview to prove their eligibility. They will check whether the candidate has completed graduation with at least 50 per cent marks or not, which is the basic eligibility criteria of CAT 2017.
- Reservation and Category Documents: SC/ST/OBC-NC/PWD candidates have to show their original caste/tribe/disability certificate and submit a photocopy at the time of interview.
- Final Year Graduation Candidates Document: Candidates appearing for the final year or equivalent exam have to submit an original certificate from the concerned authorities of the college (Principal/Registrar/Director of the university/institution), certifying that the candidates have obtained 50 per cent marks or equivalent (45 per cent in case of to SC/ST/PWD category) based on latest available marks or grades.