- JNTUH – What is Undertaking [For Leaving 1 or 2 subjects]: If a student acquires sufficient credits for the issue of Provisional Certificate as per their academic regulations, and failed in one or two subjects, the student can forego the performance in these failed subjects and can apply for the issue of Provisional Certificate. Here the student has to give an undertaking stating that he/she will never apply for the supplementary exams conducted by the University in the future. For further details refer the below-given table
|Regulation||No. of Subjects Under Exemption Rule||No. of Credits Under Exemption Rule(Max.)|
|R05||1 or 2 Subjects||8|
|R07||1 or 2 Subjects||8|
|R09||1 or 2 Subjects||8|
|R13||1 or 2 Subjects||8|
|R15||1 or 2 Subjects||8|
|R16(2016 Admitted Batch Only)||1 or 2 Subjects||6|
- Important Note: Students need to clear the compulsory subjects as listed below.
- All the practical subjects [Labs]
- Industry oriented mini-project
- Comprehensive Viva-Voce
- Project work
- Note: Leaving of 2 subjects and grace marks rules will be applicable for R16 (2017 Admitted Batch) only after JNTUH issues the official notification. which will be issued after declaring 4-2 semester results.
- JNTUH – What is Grace marks: If a student fails in one or two subjects, pass in these subjects is essential for acquiring the required credits (for the issue of Provisional Certificate), and by adding few additional marks*, the student is able to pass the subject(s), then such grace marks will be added and the Provisional Certificate will be issued to the candidate. If any candidate applies for the grace marks, the Original Marks Memo(s) containing the subject(s) for which addition of Grace Marks is applicable should be submitted along with the letter. For further details refer to the below-given table.
|Regulations||Grace Marks (0.15%) For B.Tech Regular||Grace Marks (0.15%) For B.Tech Lateral Entry|
|R16(2016 Admitted batch only)||10||7|
- Grace marks can be added only to 1 or 2 subjects maximum. (irrespective of credits other than Major Project, Minor Project, Comprehensive Viva-Voce, Seminar)
- Grace marks can be added only for external marks.
- Grace marks can’t be added to internal marks.
- The best performance among all the external examinations shall be considered while giving the grace marks. i.e., you can use even your best previous result [Best external mark among all Regular/Supple exams till now] while applying for grace marks.
- Students can apply for grace marks only after they get the original marks memos.
- JNTUH Grace marks along with Undertaking [Can we apply for both exemption & grace marks] : If a student fails in one or two subjects, pass in these subjects is essential for acquiring the required credits (for the issue of Provisional Certificate), and by adding few additional marks*, the student is able to pass the subject(s), then such grace marks will be added and the Provisional Certificate will be issued to the candidate. If any candidate applies for the grace marks, the Original Marks Memo(s) containing the subject(s) for which addition of Grace Marks is applicable should be submitted along with the letter. 1 or 2 subjects in undertaking and 1 or 2 subjects with grace marks. Students can avail both credit/subject exemption rule and grace marks to obtain a degree. For details refer the below table
|Regulation||Can Apply For Credit/ Subject Exemption Rule||Can Apply For Grace Marks Rule||Can Apply For Both the Rule (Exemption & Grace Marks Rule)|
|R16(2016 Admitted Batch Only)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- JNTUH – What is the Tatkal Scheme: For the issue of Certificates after the declaration of results, the examination branch may take about ten days to two weeks time. If there is an urgency in getting the certificate, the candidate may apply for the same certificate under the Tatkal scheme. Under this scheme, the student can get the certificate within two working days time.
- How to make payment (if applicable): The Challan (Issued at any SBI)/DD should be taken for the total amount specified.
- Please refer to the following table for the combinations of cases for which one single application is sufficient. Also please note that for all these cases the letter must be endorsed by the College Principal where the student is studying.
|Category||Applying For Undertaking||Applying For Grace Marks||Tatkal Scheme||Amount Payable|
|3.||Yes||No||------||Apply at College|
JNTUH Rules For Award Of Degree:
|Classes Awarded||Percentage Of Marks To be Secured|
|1st Class with Distinction||69.5% and above|
|1st Class||above 59.5% and less than 69.5%|
|2nd Class||above 49.5% and less than 59.5%|
|Pass Class||Below 49.5%|
For More Quick Updates Join Our New Telegram Groups:
Join Our Official JNTU FAST UPDATES Telegram Broadcast
Join Our Official JNTUK Telegram Broadcast
Join Our Official JNTUH Telegram Broadcast
Join Our Official JNTUA Telegram Broadcast
Join Our Official JOB UPDATES Telegram Broadcast
For More Details, Visit Our
Websites : In JNTU
Android APP : InJntu
Install Our Android App To Get All JNTU Notifications About Updates & Results Directly On Your Mobile Phone