For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS/ dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, are conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which also conducts NEET-SS in partnership with Prometric Testing Pvt Ltd headquartered in the USA. NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves in 2013. However, many colleges and institutes had taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.
NEET 2018 Exam Date has been released now. NEET 2018 Application Form will be released in the 4th week of January 2018. It is the national level examination for admission to MBBS & BDS courses.
NEET 2018 - Overview:
Name of the exam
Exam conducting authority
C.B.S.E. (Central Board of Secondary Education)
National Level/Once in a Year
Offline (Paper and Pen)
MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
NEET 2018 - Exam Dates:
The dates of NEET 2018 has been released now. In the table given below, we have mentioned the dates of NEET 2018
Click Here: To Check NEET Exam Centres
Click Here: For NEET 2018 Candidate Login
|Events of NEET 2018||Dates (Announced)|
|Starts of online registration||8th February 2018|
|Last date of online registration||12th March 2018|
|Last date to submit fee||13th March 2018|
|Form correction window||15th To 17th March 2018 (Extended)|
|Release of admit card||2nd week of April 2018|
|Date of examination||6th May 2018|
|Display of OMR sheet||2nd week of May 2018|
|Display of answer key||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last date to challenge the answer key||Last week of May 2018|
|Result declaration||5th June 2018|
|Counselling starts (1st round)||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||4th week of June 2018|
|Last date of Joining||3rd July 2018|
|Counselling starts (2nd round)||6th July to 12th July 2018|
|Seat allotment result declaration||3rd week of July 2018|
|Last date of Joining||22nd July 2018|
For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
Click Here: NEET Syllabus 2018
Click Here: To Apply For NEET 2018
NEET 2018 - Application Form:
The detailed application procedure is mentioned below:
- The application form will be provided through online process only.
- No offline application form will be accepted for NEET exam.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for all the Indian citizens to fill the application form.
- Students should read the information bulletin carefully before filling the application.
- Visit the official website of NEET.
- Fill all the necessary details like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the prescribed format.
- Students have to prepare scanned images of the photograph (10 KB – 100 KB) and signature (3 KB – 20 KB) in the JPG format.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, J & K and Telangana (opted seats under 15% all India quota) will be required self-declaration to apply for NEET.
- Make the fee payment using online and offline mode.
- After the fee payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
- The application form will be released by the authority in the month of January 2018.
- Students, those will commit mistakes in the application, can make a correction in the second week of March 2018.
NEET 2018 - Application Fee:
The application fee payment can be made through online mode only. There will be three options available to pay the application fee, i.e. debit/credit card using the online gateway payment facility, Net banking/UPI or E-wallet of various service providers. Candidates also have to pay extra service/processing charge for online fee payment. Here we have mentioned the application fee for NEET exam 2018
NEET 2018 - Eligibility Criteria:
Students should check the eligibility criteria before applying for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General candidates) and 30 years (for OBC/SC/ST categories) on the date of exam.
- Examination: Candidates should have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2018 - Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: Total 180 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Exam Mode: Exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions (four options with one correct answer).
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be given for each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2018 - Syllabus:
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects.
It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
Note: As per the official site, the Syllabus of NEET(UG), 2018 will be exactly same as it was for NEET(UG), 2017. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018.
How To Apply For NEET 2018:
Here we are providing the procedure to fill the NEET 2018 application form:
- Visit the official website of NEET UG 2018 (link will be provided above).
- Go through the online services section and click on “Apply Online” button.
- Real all the given instructions carefully and click on “Proceed to Apply Online NEET (UG) 2018”.
- The application form will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, fill details like basic personal, guardian, contact, academic, exam centre and other required details in the application form.
- Before submitting the details, verify them and click on the “Final Submit” button.
- After that, a registration number will be generated.
- Go through the “Upload Photo/Signature” section.
- You have to click on the “Browse” button and select the scanned images of a photograph and signature.
- You should upload the scanned images in the prescribed format.
- After uploading the scanned images, click on “Next” button.
- Select the application fee payment option and choose the payment mode.
- Enter the required payment details and pay the application fee.
- After completing the fee payment, candidates will be able to take printout of the confirmationpage.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the confirmation page to confirm the successful completion of the application process and fee submission.
NEET 2018 - Admit Card:
Applicants must know that Admit cards for the aforesaid exam will not be sent by the post. Rather the applicants are required to look for the Admit cards online. By the 1st week of April, 2018, the Admit Cards can be downloaded from the official website of the NEET. The Admit Cards are mandatary and it should be carried by the applicants on the centre of the examination.