NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - 200 Executive Trainee
For More Job Related Information, Visit : JNTU Jobs Portal
NPCIL was created in September 1987 under the Companies Act 1956, "with the objective of undertaking the design, construction, operation and maintenance of the atomic power stations for generation of electricity in pursuance of the schemes and programmes of the Government of India under the provision of the Atomic Energy Act 1962." All nuclear power plants operated by the company are certified for ISO-14001 (Environment Management System).The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is a government-owned corporation of India based in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra. It is wholly owned by the Central Government and is responsible for the generation of nuclear power for electricity. NPCIL is administered by the Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India (DAE). NPCIL was the sole body responsible for constructing and operating India's commercial nuclear power plants till setting up of BHAVINI (Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam) in October 2003. As of 10 August 2012 the company had 21 nuclear reactors in operation at seven locations, a total installed capacity of 6780 MWe. Subsequent to the government's decision to allow private companies to provide nuclear power, the company has experienced problems with private enterprises "poaching" its employees.
Notification - Click Here
Official website - Click Here
Apply online - Click Here
NPCIL notification to recruit 200 candidates for the posts of Executive Trainees viz Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Instrumentation Civil on the basis of valid score obtained in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017/2018 has been released by Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Mumbai, on it official website npcil.nic.in.
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Details
|Name of Department||Nuclear Power Corporation of India|
|Name of Posts||Executive Trainee|
|Number of Vacancies||200|
|Job Category||Government Job|
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Vacancy Details
|Electronics & Communications||6||4||3||2||15|
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Age Limit
|Sl. No.||Category||Age Limit (Years)||Born on or After|
|1.||General||26||June 15, 1992|
|2.||OBC (relaxation - 03 years)||29||June 15, 1989|
|3.||SC/ST (relaxation – 05 years)||31||June 15, 1987|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (degree of disability 40% and above) (relaxation – 10 years)||-||-|
|5.||PWD – General Category||36||June 15, 1982|
|6.||PWD – OBC Category||39||June 15, 1979|
|7.||PWD – SC/ST Category||41||June 15, 1977|
|8.||Dependents of those who died in riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) (relaxation – 5 years)||31||June 15, 1987|
|9.||Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (Dom Kashmir) (relaxation – 5 years)||31||June 15, 1987|
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Educational Qualification
- You should have completed BE/B Tech/B Sc (Engineering)/5 year Integrated M Tech degree from a recognized University in the following Disciplines:
- Mechanical – Mechanical/Production Engineering
- Chemical – Chemical Engineering
- Electrical – Electrical/Electrical & Electronics
- Electronics & Communication – Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Telecommunication/Electronics & Control/Electronics & Control/Electronics & Instrumentation.
- Instrumentation – Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control/ Instrumentation & Electronics
- Civil – Civil Engineering
- You should have scored the minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- You must have a valid GATE-2017 or GATE-2018 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline.
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Selection Process
Your selection will be based on 2 stages –
- You will be shortlisted on the basis of valid GATE 2017 & GATE 2018 scores.
- Merit list will be prepared by applying ratio of 1:8.
- Discipline and category wise cut off and the result of shortlisting for interview will be made available at official website.
- Final selection will be done solely on the basis of performance in the Personal Interview.
- No weightage will be given to GATE Score during the final selection.
- The qualifying marks for interview are as follows :
Unreserved – 70 %
SC/ST/OBC/PWD – 60 %
- In case of the tie of interview marks, credit will be given for the GATE 2017/GATE 2018 Score. If both interview marks and GATE Scores are equal, credit will be given to seniority in date of birth.
- There will be verification of original documents on the day of Interview.
For the final selection, there will be medical fitness test by Authorized Medical Officer of NPCIL.
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Application Fee
|General/ OBC||Rs. 500/-|
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Codes
|Engineering Discipline||GATE Paper Code||Disciplines allowed|
|Instrumentation||IN||Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics|
|Electrical||EE||Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Controls/Electronics & Instrumentation|
|Electronics & Communication||EC||Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Controls/ Instrumentation & Electronics|
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Pay Scale
- During Training, monthly salary will be Rs. 35,000/-
- After joining as Scientific Officer C, your salary will be Rs. 56,100/- (10th stage of salary matrix)
|Name of the Post||Pay in Pay Matrix (As per 7th CPC Revised Pay) / Stipend (Per Month)|
|Pay in Pay Matrix||Level|
|Stipend - Rs.35,000 + One time Book Allowance –Rs.10,000 + Mandatory Lodging & Boarding – In NPCIL Hostels||-|
|Scientific Officer/C (On Appointment)||Rs.56,100 + DA 4% of Pay in the Pay Matrix (as on 01.01.2017)
(Dearness Allowance (DA) is based on the rates notified by Government of India from time to time.)
How to Apply for NPCIL Recruitment 2018
Candidates must keep certain documents ready before filling the application online. The details are as follows
Documents to keep ready before applying
|Documents||Dimensions||File Format & size|
|Photograph||125 x 165 pixels (4.4 x 5.8 in cm)||Less than 50 KB in JPG format|
|Signature||125 x 80 pixels (4.4 x 2.9 cm)||Less than 20 KB in JPG format|
Steps to fill the online application form of NPCIL Recruitment through GATE
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates must enter details like Advertisement, Post applied for, Discipline, Category, PwD category if applicable
- On successful registration, an activation link will be sent to applicant’s email.
- Candidates must click on it to activate the same and complete the registration process
Step 2: Login to fill the application details
Candidates must login using their login id and password to fill their personal details, GATE details, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, choice of Written/Online Test centre in case a test is being conducted for the post etc.
This stage is a multi-stage one and candidates will be allowed to go to next stage only on entering the information required for current stage. The sequence of the details to be filled are given below:
- Educational Qualifications
- Post Qualification Work Experience, if any
- Personal Details
- Upload Photo & Signature
- Submit Application
Note the unique NPCIL application number generated.
Step 3: Payment of application fees
- Application fees: Rs 500 to be paid by Only male candidates belonging to General/ OBC categories
- Payment Mode: State Bank Collect
How to pay through SBI Collect?
- The State Bank Collect facility can also be operated through the www.onlinesbi.co.in website by selecting State Bank Collect option.
- Click Check Box & Proceed
- Select state as Maharashtra
- Type of Corporate/Institution as others
- Others name as NPCIL
- Submit and select Payment Category as Recruitment of Executives Trainees 2017.
- After payment take the print of the transaction for proof of payment
Important: All applicants should mention the NPCIL Application No. while paying the fee using State Bank Collect. The information entered while making the online payment through ‘State Bank Collect’ should be same as entered in online NPCIL application. The details of the application fee will be updated after three working days from actual payment date. Once the details of payment are updated, candidates can check their application details using the "Application Fee Payment Details" link given below
Step 4 - Printing of the NPCIL application form - Candidates will be able to view or print their NPCIL application only after verification of payment of fee. Candidates must print the same and submit it at the time of the interview along with the printed receipt of ‘State Bank Collect’
Shortlisting and Selection for NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017/2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the availability of the ‘Interview Call Letter’ through email and SMS.
- The date, time and venue of the interview will be mentioned in the ‘NPCIL Interview Call Letter’.
- Candidates must login, download and print the interview call letter of NPCIL recruitment through GATE 2017/2018.
- They are required to carry the same to the interview venue failing which they will not be allowed to appear for interview.
All the shortlisted applicants must carry with them the following document when reporting for the personal interview. They must carry the originals as well as a set of self-attested copies of the same.
- Photo identity proof of PAN Card/Driving License/AADHAR Card/Voter ID/College ID/Government issued ID
- Interview Call Letter bearing photograph of the candidate.
- NPCIL application form.
- Date of Birth (DOB) proof - School Leaving Certificate/ Xth STD Passing Certificate indicating Date of Birth.
- Degree Certificate/ Provisional Certificate (in case Degree Certificate is not issued)
- GATE Admit Card 2017/2018
- GATE Score Card 2017/2018
- Applicants who have been awarded CGPA/ GPA/ SGPA or letter grades will be required to produce the authenticated conversion table from the Institute/College/University. If not, standard formula provided by AICTE will be applied to derive the percentage of marks.
- No Objection Certificate for candidates working in Central/State Government/PSUs/Aided Institutions
- Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in case of PWD candidates.
- SC/ ST/ OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates must produce Caste certificates, as per the format prescribed by the Government of India.
- Note: OBC applicants who belong to "Creamy layer" are not entitled for relaxations and concessions admissible to OBC Category (Non Creamy Layer). OBC (Non Creamy Layer) applicants are required to submit caste certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a competent authority issued after April 1, 2016.
Training and Placement:
- All selected candidates will have to undergo one year orientation training in any of the Nuclear Training Centres of NPCIL located at Tarapur Maharashtra Site, Rawatbhata Rajasthan Site, MAPS Kalpakkam (Tamil Nadu), Kaiga Site (Karnataka) and Kudankulam (Tamil Nadu).
- Trainees who successfully complete one year orientation training will be appointed as Scientific Officer/C and posted at one of the Units/Sites/Offices of NPCIL located at different parts of the country.
- Additional increment/s, as per extant rules, depending upon performance during training program may also be granted.
- In addition to emoluments as above, other things like PF, LTC, Medical facility, Canteen Subsidy, Performance Incentive, Group Insurance, Gratuity, Housing, transport etc are available as per extant rules depending on place of posting
NPCIL Recruitment 2018 - Important Dates
- Advertisement Date: 29th March 2018
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 4th April 2018
- Starting Date to Pay Fee: 4th April 2018
- Last Date to apply Online: 18th April 2018
- Last Date to Pay Fee: 18th April 2018