South Railway Recruitment 2018 - 2652 Posts
The Southern Railway (abbreviated SR), headquartered at Chennai, is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway. The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890.
Notification - Click Here
Official Website - Click Here
Southern Railway has announced the recruitment of Apprentices for various trades in Railway Department. There are total 2652 vacancies to be filled by this recruitment drive. This is a great chance to work for Indian Railways. Avail this opportunity by applying before the last date of application, 11th April 2018. Go through this article for important dates, vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection process, stipend and application fee for Southern Railway Recruitment.
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Details
Name of the Organisation: Southern Railways
Name of the Posts: Fitter, Electrician, Welder, Carpenter & Others
No. of Vacancies: 2652 posts
Apply Mode: Offline
Job Category: Railway Jobs
Job Location: India
Starting Date: 29th March 2018
Last Date: 11th April 2018
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Vacancy Details
|Welder (Gas & Electric)||231||122||68||35||456||7||6|
|Refrigeration & AC Mechanic||6||3||2||1||12|
|Fresher MTL (Radiology)||4||2||1||1||8|
|Fresher MTL (Pathology)||4||2||1||1||8|
Categories marked with * are horizontal.
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Educational Qualification
|Carpenter, Painter, Welder (Gas & Electric),
|You should have passed 8th class with science as one of the subjects or equivalent & should possess National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.|
|Fitter, Machinist, Turner, Plumber, Electrician,
Electronics Mechanic, Diesel Maintenance Mechanic,
Advance Welder, Electronic/Information Technology,
Instrument Mechanic, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic, Draughtsman (Civil)
|You should have passed 10th class with science as one of the subjects or equivalent & should possess National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology/Pathology)||You should have passed 12th class with science as one of the subjects or equivalent & should possess National trade Certificate in notified trade by NCVT.|
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Age Limit
Candidates should possess the following age limit to apply for the notified trade
|Age Group||Upper Date of birth||Lower date of birth of all|
|Fresher (12th Std)||15-24||24.01.1994||24.01.1991||–||22.01.2003|
|Fresher (10th Std)||15-22||24.01.1996||24.01.1993||24.01.1991||22.01.2003|
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Application Fee
Non – refundable application fee for the processing of application will be drawn from the candidates as follows
- 100/- Application fee for General and OBC category candidates.
- No application fee for SC / ST / PwD / Female candidates.
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Selection Process
The selection process is in three steps-
- Physical Fitness Test
- Medical Fitness Test
It will be on the basis of marks obtained in 10th and ITI.
2. Physical Fitness Test:
After getting shortlisted, you will have to go through the physical fitness test, fulfilling the criteria as given below:
1) There should be no evidence of any morbid condition of either eye or the lids of either eye.
2) You should satisfy the minimum standard of physical fitness as prescribed in the Apprentices Act/Rules.
3. Medical Fitness Test:
1) You should be free from evidence of any contagious or infectious disease.
2) You should be free from evidence of tuberculosis in any form (active or healed).
After selection, you will undergo the training period of three years.
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Address
Candidates must submit their Southern Railways Online application forms through below given apply mode.
The WorkShop Personnel Officer,
Office of the Chief Work Shop Manager,
Signal & Telecommunications Work Shop,
Coimbatore – District, Tamil Nadu – 641023
How to Apply For South Railway Recruitment 2018
- Click the link above and download the application form for offline process.
- Fill your details in the form.
- You also have to enclose attested copies of your documents (Certificate of date of birth, certificate proof of qualification, caste certificate, Disability certificate and registered copy of employment registration card).
- You have to pay fees by enclosing crossed Indian Postal order for Rs.100/- ( drawn not earlier than the date of issue of this notification) with an application.
It should be in favor of –
WORKSHOP PERSONNEL OFFICER, CARRIAGE, AND WAGON WORKS, SOUTHERN RAILWAY,
PERAMBUR, CHENNAI – 641 023
and payable at CHENNAI
- You have to mention on envelope- “APPLICATION FOR APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING, Ex. ITI/Fresher, Trade Name”
- Post it to the address given below by Ordinary post/Registered post only –
Workshop Personnel officer,
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager,
Signal & Telecommunication Work Shop, Southern Railway,
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Stipend
1. First year – 70% of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by Government
2. Second year – 80% of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by Government
3. Third year – 90% of minimum wage of semi-skilled workers notified by Government
South Railway Recruitment 2018 - Important Dates
- Last Date for Receipt of Application: 11-04-2018