Telangana State - General Holidays and Optional Holidays for the year 2023 Notified
1. The Government of Telangana hereby notifies that during the year 2023 the days specified in Annexure-I shall be observed as General Holidays by all the State Government Offices including the days for occasions / festivals which fall on Sundays and also notify Optional Holidays for State Government offices as shown in Annexure-II including the days for occasions / festivals which are falling on Sundays.
2. The State Government directs that all offices under State Government shall remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays in all the months during the year 2023.
3. In addition to the above mentioned General Holidays in Annexure I, the State Government employees may avail themselves of Optional Holidays not exceeding FIVE during the year 2023 on the festivals/occasions specified in Annexure-II to this order, at their option and irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains. Permission to avail any of these holidays shall be applied for, in writing in advance and will normally be granted by the Superior Officer competent to grant casual leave except when the presence of an individual employee is considered necessary in exigencies of Government work.
4. The Government also directs that General Holidays shall not ipso-facto apply to the Industrial Establishment and Public Undertakings under the control of the State Government, the workmen engaged in Public Works Departments and Educational Institutions in this State. Separate orders regarding the festivals / occasions when these Institutions observe holidays shall be issued by the concerned Administrative Department of the Secretariat.
5. If there is any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Azha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sight or any other holiday declared now, it shall be announced through electronic/print media. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors shall take action according to such an announcement and without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
Our Telegram Channels
Our Facebook Pages & Groups